I can’t believe that tomorrow begins the month of October. The countdown to Halloween is officially here! For me, Halloween is such a fun season to use creativity and imagination with everything from costumes to food, decorations, and more. When most stores are overstocked with the same old, boring, commercial “Made in China” Halloween decor…using one’s creativity is essential.
Fortunately I have a fiancé who loves Halloween just as much as I do, maybe even a little more. Last week he came up with the brilliant idea of reusing some mason jars with some of our existing arsenal of craft supplies to make these adorably cute mason jar jack-o’-lanterns! So I wanted to share this with all of my readers so you can join in on the fun too! It really doesn’t get more easy to make and most of the supplies you probably already have.
- Mason jar
- Elmer’s glue
- Orange tissue paper
- Black construction paper
- Green ribbon
- Tealight candle
- Cut strips of orange tissue paper and lightly glue them vertically to the outside of your mason jar.
- With a pencil, draw eyes, a nose, and mouth on the black construction paper and cut them out. Great jack-o’-lantern face patterns are available for free downloaded on the internet if you need some added inspiration.
- Glue the face cutouts to the outside of the mason jar.
- Wrap the green ribbon around the mouth of the mason jar and tie a bow for extra cuteness. You could also add some crafty extras like fake vine, leaves, etc. if you like.
- Slightly fill the bottom of the mason jar with rice and put a lit tealight down in the center.
Voila! Now you have yourself a cute, little mason jar jack-o’-lantern!